Thursday, December 6, 2007

If You're the Girl That Won't Decline


Michael Cera, perhaps best known as George Michael on Arrested Development plays an awkward teenage accidental inseminator in Juno, but he's also got his own awkward teenage band. And unlike many of the awful, celebrity boasting efforts out there, Cera's The Long Goodbye is actually worth listening to, a bit lo-fi Microphones meets the melodies of Belle and Sebastian. This video of them covering Weezer's "El Scorcho" isn't the best representation of what they do (in fact, it might be the worst), but it is funny. Head here for a few tracks, lyrics like "Betty, Shelly, Jody, you can slap me around/You can tell me all the things that I do wrong/You're still the girl I want to have around" and "If you're the girl that won't decline/Can I call you mine", and endearing candid shots of Cera.

No comments: